Friday 29 March 2013

Will I come out of life alive?

Take a leap of faith
Some broken lines and promises to embrace
The darkness beyond the grave
Intangible souls too late to save

They say we're headed straight for hell
Though having never been there, how can they tell?
The guessing on their parts is a lie
But I guess they will find out when they die

Save my soul, please
Save my soul for me
A commodity I do not own
But something that can be bought and sold

A fire burning, clearing the dark
An idea from nothing erupts like a spark
An instant connection and a promise of better
Around our ankles and wrists, these chains and fetters

Claim my soul, please
Claim my soul for me
All I want to know is the reason why
I am only born to live and then to die

Is there light beyond the darkness that you preach?
Or wisdom in the lessons you feel you teach?
Or is my cynicism keeping your far from the reach
Of clutching fingers and minds scouring for a breach?


Save my soul, please
Save my soul for me
A commodity you cannot not own
But something that cannot be bought and sold



Guide me in towards the light.
Take me away from the night.
The price I pay, is it too high?
Will I come out of life alive?



No comments:

Post a Comment