Wednesday 26 June 2013

Home

I scattered bread for the birds
A feast for the people
Charity
That begins in a brown paper bag
Stepping over sleepless forms in the street
On my way to the subway
I met Jesus on three corners already
Shouting up a storm
But is there any way I can find a way to get myself back home?

I don't want to know your problems
Frankly I don't care
Hostility
You breathe it like oxygen, gun muzzled
Handbags crazy shoppers at Wallmart
Bargains to the needy, five fingers
This rap, is over done
Riding out the storm
Is there any way I can find a way to get myself back home?

Home; that promise of salvation
A secret place I can be myself
Anonymity
Don't claim to know me, because you've read
My smile, I can turn on you like a snarling dog
Just back off, give me space to breathe
I'll be back soon enough
Dancing in the storm
Is there any way I can find a way to get myself back home?

No comments:

Post a Comment