Wednesday 24 April 2013

I closed my eyes


I closed my eyes again
I had dark thoughts again
Wires crossed inside my brain
Why must I feel this pain?

The sky is grey and low
The river runs dark and slow
Should I stay or should I go?
Run from what—I don’t know

                What do I do? What can I say?
                What excuses do you want to hear today?
                I live in doubt, you live without
                I turn my back and you won’t
                Throw me away

                So I lie. Part of me dies.
                And while I make the ends meet, time it flies
                I scream, you shout; what’s it all about?
                We burn the candle at both ends
                And fuck our lives

                                Darkness at the edges
                                Of this still frame, captured
                                Tainted red when eyes shut
                                Clawing, desperation
                                Words unspoken
                                Lies and fancies, thoughts
                               
                                I contemplate what you would think
                                If I was to turn off the light
                                Extinguish the candle
                                Welcome the night        

I closed my eyes again
I had dark thoughts again
Fuses blown inside my brain
Wonder if I am insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment