Sunday 21 April 2013

Counting Stars


You can’t count all the stars in the sky
On either fingers or toes
But I can guarantee, with all honesty
That if I could, I’d steal them all for you

You can make a thousand wishes, a thousand times
And not a single one comes true
But I can guarantee, with all honesty
That if I could, I’d come through for you

The arms of doubt, holding me back
I struggle through the emptiness
Of words I cannot speak
The prison walls of silence, breaking my back
I shake the cages of my silence and rage
Over words I cannot speak

Like there are too many stars, and too many wishes
From our lips, falling like sand
Or too many liars, and too many deceivers
Well versed in a verbal sleight of hand
We cannot be sure, and in being unsure,
Left unknowing
Where the dice shall fall
But if you’ve already turned your back,
To walk away
How would we ever know at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment