Sunday 7 April 2013

Driving into walls


What would you say if I told you the truth?
That I’m lonely and tired of waiting for you
To make up your mind about which way to go
Of giving me answers, what I need to know
You seem happy to string me out on the line
Good things take patience, but I just don’t have the time
To let you draw my heart out only to crush it to dust
Am I just a distraction, the quick fix for your lust?

These hours are long enough without your touch
But to wait here in silence is asking too much
I know I’ve been patient, have done all that I can but
I feel like I’m stranded in this No Man’s Land
With no end in sight, and my feet tightly bound
I open my mouth, but no words can come out
So trapped in my silence I can’t say what I feel
I only pray the wounds aren’t too deep to heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment