Wednesday 14 August 2013

Rain

And when the rain comes down...

The people run inside as if they want to hide,
They bury their heads, pretending that they’re dead
And they want better things to do.

Outside the rain is falling, down from the clouds
And while I feel this way inside, I’d rather frown.

And when the rain comes down...

The people want to hide; their hearts turn into ice.
There’s no children playing in the street anymore
They’ve got better things to do.

Outside the wind is blowing raindrops from the sky
And while I feel like this, I think I’ll cry.
And when the rain comes down...
You’ve seen it all before; the calm before the storm.
They run inside where it’s warm and dry
They’ve got nothing better to do.
You can see it in their eyes, the greyness like the sky
And while I feel this way inside, I might as well die.
And when the rain comes down,
The people begin to frown
And the tears form in my eyes.
They’re leaving me behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment