Thursday 31 October 2013

Enigma of Sleep

Sleep, here I come
My heavy lids falling closed
How I try to deny
The promise of bliss that you provide
Calm and warm, safe from storm
Galleon rolling on gentle seas
Take me down
Take me down
But be gentle to me...

Give me dreams, pleasant in my bed
Paint the walls, vivid pictures
House a theatre in my head
Golden hues, no hidden dues
Out of clues
A world complete, innocent
Take me down
Take me down

But please don't leave me...

We can make it if we try
One day we will touch the sky
Hold me close, my dear
Whisper those words in my ear...

Soft embrace
Heavy breath
Halo hair upon the pillowcase
Faint trembles, a blurring murmur
Stretching out forever
I don't want this night to end
But end it must
Earth to earth
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust

This our sleep
Cocoon our beliefs
Close our eyes against the night
The one truth
I hold as proof
I promise everything will be right

I cannot fight, cannot deny
That which I cannot see... but
When the morning comes
And I open my eyes
Will you still be there for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment